Cross Love - Episode 1
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Warning: This game contains 18+ content and is only suitable for adult audiences. Note: All characters depicted in game are 18+. For those curious, this is conveyed through in-game events in addition to the opening disclaimer.
Charming, pretty, and...a guy?!
Yuu may have a bit of experience experimenting with crossdressing, but when a mix up leaves him wearing his sister's clothes one day, he finds himself catching eyes - and hearts too! Meanwhile, Kiriya is a shy boy who's only talked to Yuu in passing a few times; and certainly not while he was crossdressing! At first he even mistakes him for a girl...but maybe him being a boy is better after all? Plenty of hijinx lay ahead for our quirky lovers!
Cross Love is a short, kinetic yaoi visual novel that features plenty of laughs, cute scenes, and of course - lewd ones too.
- 2-4 Hours Long
- High Resolution, Semi-Animated CGs
- Distinct Sprites, with lots of variations
- 5 Spicy Yaoi Scenes
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Quick PatchNov 24, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
We're interested in doing future episodes but will need to change our approach to doing so because of the unexpected removal from Steam last year.
hello i got the game today but i can't manage to open it on my mac Os X
i only see CrossLoveEp1.exe , CrossLoveEp1.py , CrossLoveEp1.sh , game (folder) , lib (folder) , renpy (folder)
it opens for one second and closes btw
this game looks interesting I would would really like to see it on android
I'm enjoying the game so far, but there's no key manual etc.
How do we hide the textbox etc? :3
EDIT: F1 brings up the controls.^^'
Thanks again for the update; increasing the textbox opacity really made a difference for me. Still a lot of typos, though, mostly minor spelling errors but, like, what even is this sentence lol.
But anyway, I enjoyed it. Once it gets past the flimsy premise, it's a sweet little romance. Are you planning to follow these characters in future episodes, or is it going to be more of a collection of different short stories?
I think i would like this game, but i dont have the money for it. I know it sounds increduble but its true. If there was a free version, or the whole game would be free, it would be very good. This is my advice. Make it free, and if someone likes itt make a latreon page where they can donate, and make DLCs for money. The best good luck for you guys with the development!
I got this on Nutaku, who still doesn't allow a support ticket. Just wanted to let you know that it was a very touching love story. You really took the time to develop the characters. I look forward to how things continue with these two men.
Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm really glad you enjoyed the game. Nutaku does have a support ticket system actually, is it not working for this game? If so I'll shoot them over an email.
Bought this on Nutaku, but since you can't leave comments there, I'll give you my feedback here on the problems with the UI:
- Bad textbox padding - this is clear in some of your example screenshots where the text is trying to escape the right side of the textbox. Just increasing the right side padding by 20px would probably solve it completely.
- Using white text for name tags and a white heart in the name tag box means longer names are partially invisible. Should probably use a different box without the heart for longer names.
- The fly-outs for auto, skip, etc. look terrible with just plain text barely visible against the game background - adding a solid color background would probably look better.
- This might be just my opinion, but thin, light colored text on a patterned background is kind of hard to read. A slightly darker text color and/or a chunkier font would make it a more pleasant experience.
Also why are Yuu's eyes green in the sprites but blue in the CGs?
Thanks for the feedback. I'll address everything I can here;
1) Sure, this was a slight oversight spacing-wise since we increased the font size prior to shipping the game, which in turn increased the margins. We'll fix this in our next patch - Nutaku's current build is actually behind a version as well, so please keep that in mind.
2) Do you mean that certain names overlap with the heart? If so this is the same as the above issue with increasing the font size, so it's something we'll fix in the next patch, it's again just a quick fix.
3) Sorry if it was hard to read, we considered adding a background but thought it ended up looking worse than without one. Overall, apologies if the UI was hard to read at points.
4) Hmm, we can understand if that's the case. None of our playtesters expressed this, but since is left to personal opinion we can understand that. We'll see about adding more options in the next patch in order to maybe makes things clearer, maybe an option to replace the textbox with a more basic one.
5) This was supposed to be done to reflect differences in angles/lighting (similar to how certain people's eyes can be seen as different colors depending on distance) but given the sheer differentiation of the iris shades we can see how this could be confusing, so sorry about that.
Overall, we hope you enjoyed the game regardless! Apologies for these small issues, we'll address them in a new patch within the next few days since none of these are big issues.